June 15, 2012

IN LITTLE ROCK … THIS MIGHT BE PRES.CLINTON’S KARMA.

It was just one of those liesurely days … the reason we all RV. Driving Interstate 40, feeling good, listening to Elvis tunes, excited about having visited Elvis’ town and looking forward to the adventure ahead … when a huge burst occurs. My God, it’s a tire, I just got 10 new ones (car and coach) not two weeks ago. Coach still drives fine, what’s up with this? Pull over, hardly enough room on the shoulder to not be hit by one of the non-stop trucks, inspect the tires, they look good, hmmm. 


 Back into traffic looking for somewhere better to assess … yeah, a rest stop, nope, it’s closed for construction … after 20 more miles a weigh station appears; it’s closed too but would be a handy place check things out. With pressure gauge in hand I discover that the passenger side rear inner tire has 50 psi! Call #1 road service company – they only tow; call #2 road service company – they only tow. Use GPS, hallelujia Petro is 8 miles away. I call, they have my tire, I slowly drive there, pull into Bay #5, they don’t have my tire, it’s special, sorry … but Camping World is 2 miles away … hallelujia again, ‘oh, so sorry, our tire mounting machine is broken, this never happens’, Carolina pees, Riley pees, I pee … as we sit in the coach going ‘Shit, I thought we were in a good karma run’. 


 Picked up the GPS (one of 4), entered ‘tire’, got Southern Tire Mart, called, ‘yup, maaam, we got just what you need, c’mon over, pull in any bay. Yippee again … drive 2 miles, pull in Bay 4, ‘sorry, this is the oil change bay’, unhook car, pull in Bay 2. A little Tapioca pudding is just the thing I need. 


Maam, the tire’s OK, it lost so much air because the valve failed, we fixed it, everything’s OK. Really. There’s a KOA up the road. Just go 13 exits, make left ...




And, here we are at KOA in Little Rock, AK of all place, sitting on our patio enjoying yet another day in the peaceful and relaxing RV life. 


Blog of Memphis coming up. Was great – Elvis owns the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.